What are the requirements for potential franchisee?
Opening a Zeppe’s Italian Water Ice franchise requires a strong personal commitment and active involvement in store operations. Franchisee approval is based on a number of factors, including integrity, personal and financial qualifications, a high level of energy, positive attitude, dedication and leadership abilities.
To ensure that our franchisees will be able to qualify with both lenders and landlords, we require that potential franchisees interested in a single store opportunity have at least $60,000 in liquid capital, and a $200,000 net worth.
How much does it cost to open a Zeppe’s?
The total start-up costs for a typical Zeppe’s is between $146,000 and $256,000.
What are the franchise fee and royalty fees?
The franchise fee is $25,000, which is paid in full at the time you execute the Franchise Agreement. Development fees for multiple Zeppe’s are additional. The Royalty fees are 4% of gross sales with an additional 1.5% advertising fee.
|Site requirements:1000 – 1400 Square feet for store
Minimum of 25 parking spaces
25,000 people within a 3 mile radius
15,000 vehicles per day traffic count
Why should I Franchise with Zeppe’s?
Zeppe’s is the newest most exciting franchise in Utah. Zeppe’s is the only original Italian ice and old fashioned frozen custard store in Utah. With over 30 amazing flavors of italian ice and chocolate, vanilla and twist old fashioned custard, Zeppe’s is the way to go!.
Starting a franchise with Zeppe’s allows you to capitalize on a proven business model. Zeppe’s provides their guests with a family friendly environment and products that are made fresh daily with the highest quality ingredients at every store. As a franchise you receive and benefit from extensive corporate support from site selection and training to ongoing operational, marketing, and research and development support.
What do I receive for the franchise fee and royalty payments?
You receive the right to own and operate a Zeppe’s for 10 years, plus a 10 year renewal option.
The use of trademarks, proprietary equipment and products are included as well as, the use of our established supply sources.
In addition, you receive:
- Site Selection Support- One on one support with your Construction and location Manager to access market availability, evaluate locations, and assist in lease negotiation.
- Design and Construction Support- One on one support with your Zeppe’s Project Manager to assist with project bidding, signage/equipment ordering, and selecting a general contractor.
- Training- At Zeppe’s headquarters, you will receive 5 – 9 days of training. That includes producing and maintaining the product, operations procedures, inventory controls, safe food handling, guest service excellence, marketing, and financial management. In addition you will receive ongoing access to our online tutorials for you and your staff.
- Opening Support- One on one support from your Franchise Service manager; onsite training, assistance with store set up and staff development, review of operational programs and systems, and customization of your grand opening marketing plan.
- Marketing Support- Brand and system wide marketing programs, local store marketing tools, public relations, promotions and events.
- Research and Development- New products and flavors, and equipment development and refinements.
- Ongoing Field Support- One on one field support with your Franchise Service Manager. Assistance with new product roll outs, updates on new programs and systems, and advice on local store marketing plans.
- An Operations manual covering nearly every aspect of your business.
- Construction manual to assist you with the creation of your Zeppe’s retail store.
What is the turn-around time to open a Zeppe’s??
It normally takes from five to ten months to identify a site, negotiate a lease, obtain the necessary permits, build out the site to specifications and complete all other steps to prepare your store for your grand opening. This will vary depending on the availability of locations in your market, condition of the space upon possession, availability of labor, and other market conditions.
If you are interested in opening a Zeppe’s franchise in the future, please fill out the form below.